Private client, Wills , Financial management | Accreditation
WIQS 2021 Update: Will Drafting
Are you aware of best practice in remote witnessing? Are you confident in minimising the chances of successful challenges to a will?
By completing this course you’ll be up to date with best practice in taking instructions for a will, executing wills remotely and drafting life interest trusts and rights of occupation.
In short, easy-to-understand modules, you’ll cover everything you need to support your WIQS re-accreditation.
Who this is for
Paralegals, Practice managers, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Observe good practice when taking instructions for a will
- Identify circumstances in which virtual witnessing may be appropriate
- Explain the requirements of virtual witnessing to clients
- Explain the IHT implications of occupation rights and life interest trusts
- Include appropriate provisions when drafting occupation rights and life interest trusts
What this will cover
This course consists of three modules.
1. Taking Instructions
2. Executing Wills Remotely
3. Drafting Life Interest Trusts and Rights of Occupation
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material
- Online assessment
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via Learning@LawSociety.org.uk.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete, excluding assessment.