Private client, Wills , Financial management | Accreditation
WIQS 2021 Update: Estate Administration
Are you aware of new rules on accelerated payment of CGT? Are you confident in dealing with estates where charities are beneficiaries?
By completing this course you’ll be up to date with best practice in advising on an estate’s liability for income tax and CGT, dealing with accelerated payment of CGT, and the appropriate steps where beneficiaries of an estate include charities.
In short, easy-to-understand modules, you’ll cover everything you need to support your WIQS re-accreditation.
Who this is for
Paralegals, Practice managers, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Advise appropriately on an estate’s liability for income tax and CGT
- Deal correctly with cases where the accelerated rules on payment of CGT apply
- Take appropriate steps where beneficiaries of an estate include charities
What this will cover
This course consists of three modules.
1. An Estate’s Liability for Income Tax and CGT
2. New Rules on Accelerated Payment of CGT
3. Charities as Beneficiaries
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material
- Online assessment
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via our contact us form.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete, excluding assessment.