Personal development , Careers, Wellbeing | LIVE webinar
Supporting Others and Creating a Mentally-Healthy Workplace Culture (Autumn)
This series of two 90-minute live webinars will help attendees to understand the psychology of high performers and develop effective practices to promote a more positive mental health culture within law firms/organisations, secure boardroom buy-in and ensure mental health champions and first aider are being optimally utilised.
The webinars are scheduled on the following dates:
- 14 October 2021, 12:00-13:30
- 21 October 2021, 12:00-13:30
Who this is for
City Lawyers, Practice managers, Solicitors.
Required prior knowledge
The session is ideal for HR, line managers, supervisors, Mental Health Champions and First Aiders or anyone interested in finding out how they can support their colleagues.
SRA competence: +7 more for SRA competence: A1, A3, C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3
After completing this course attendees will:
- Gain an understanding of the latest research on the psychology of high performers and how, without the right support and infrastructure in place, mental health challenges such as burnout can occur.
- Cover practical strategies to support their talent to thrive in their role and remain resilient in a demanding and increasingly complex corporate environment.
- Learn how to have sensitive conversations and effectively support people experiencing mental distress.
- Cover the risk and compliance considerations when it comes to training and supporting their people with their mental health, including insurance considerations and the key training trends in 2021.
- Understand how they can optimally utilise Mental Health First Aiders in your firm/organisation, maximise engagement in mental health initiatives and embed the 5 Ways to Wellbeing in your strategies.
What this will cover
In this course we will look at how the COVID-19 crisis has provided an opportunity for firms to rethink and rebuild mental health strategies with a view to a more integrative and inclusive focus. It focuses on creating a strong business case for mental health and resilience initiatives in law firms and how to secure boardroom buy-in.
We will also look at how to develop effective strategies to create a more mentally healthy workplace. This will include how to optimally utilise Mental Health First Aiders, the key trends to focus on in 2021 and how to maximise engagement in mental health initiatives.
We will look at how attendees can effectively support colleagues in the workplace, including how to notice early warning signs both in the office and whilst working remotely, creating clear signposting and referral pathways in-house and practical techniques to engage with someone who may be in need of support.
Attendees will also learn about how to manage their own mental health whilst supporting others, including how to create healthy boundaries and understanding the limitations of their role.