Personal development , | LIVE webinar
Supporting Others and Creating a Mentally-Healthy Workplace Culture (1 & 8 July 2022)
This series of two 90-minute live webinars will help attendees to understand the psychology of high performers and develop effective practices to promote a more positive mental health culture within law firms/organisations, secure boardroom buy-in and ensure mental health champions and first aiders are being optimally utilised.
- Deloitte estimates that businesses are losing in excess of £1,500 per employee per year due to the costs associated with poor mental health. For an organisation of 300 people, that equates to more than £450,000 per year,
- The SRA publication on workplace culture in law firms demonstrates that firms who do not take steps to proactively address unhealthy cultures could face regulatory action. Without the right support and infrastructure in place, mental health challenges can occur.
- Risk management, clients, talent and stakeholders now have much greater expectations of firms/organisations with regards to mental health and wellbeing strategies and policies
Who this is for
City Lawyers, Practice managers, Solicitors.
Required prior knowledge
The session is ideal for fee earners, HR, line managers, supervisors, Mental Health Champions and First Aiders or anyone interested in finding out how they can support their colleagues.
SRA competence: +7 more for SRA competence: A1, A3, C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3
After completing this course, you will:
- Understand the dynamics between your people’s mental health and the high-pressured legal environment and how your managers and leaders can mitigate risk effectively whilst simultaneously driving greater engagement.
- Cover practical strategies to support your talent to thrive in their role and remain resilient in a demanding environment.
- Learn how to have sensitive conversations and effectively support people experiencing mental distress.
- Cover the risk and compliance considerations when it comes to training and supporting your people with their mental health.
- Understand how colleagues can be supported and how you can optimally utilise Mental Health Champions and First Aiders in your firm/organisation, maximise engagement in mental health initiatives and embed the 5 Ways to Wellbeing in your strategies.
What this will cover
With a focus on psychosocial risk management, we will examine the interplay between the psychology of the high-performers and the dynamics of the high-pressured legal sector.
Building on this knowledge, the course also provides a practical framework for establishing more effective working relationships, helping to reduce psychological health risks whilst also driving engagement and talent retention.
Part two focuses on the mental health culture in the legal sector, key training trends and strategies to optimise Mental Health First Aiders/champions in your firm/organisation.
Finally, the session covers how attendees can effectively support colleagues in the workplace, including how to notice early warning signs both in the office and whilst working remotely and practical techniques to engage with someone who may be in need of support.
How you will learn
You will attend a series of two webinars, scheduled on the following dates:
- 1 July 2022, 12:00-13:30
- 8 July 2022, 12:00-13:30