Compliance , Regulation | Online course
Supervision is critical to a firm’s risk management and as such, is a fundamental concept in the SRA Codes of Conduct. But the SRA leaves firms to decide what supervision looks like for them.
So how should firms supervise their lawyers and employees? What is effective supervision and what systems and structures can support it? How can firms evidence those systems and processes? Can these methods be adapted in a hybrid working environment, in particular for trainees and junior lawyers?
This module will provide all supervisors and people managers, including those new to the role, with what they need to know to demonstrate compliance in practice. It will also support those aiming to progress into junior management roles.
Written by Fiona du Feu, an experienced Lexcel Legal Practice Quality Mark assessor and consultant, anyone holding a supervisor post in Lexcel-accredited firm can also be confident that the training will cover all they need to know.
For bulk purchase discounts on training please contact us.
Who this is for
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, C3
After completing this course, you will understand:
- What supervision is and why it’s a critical part of risk management.
- The SRA’s requirements for firms and solicitors in respect of supervision and how to demonstrate compliance in practice.
- The most common supervision structures and systems and how they contribute to effective supervision.
- How to be an effective supervisor.
- The particular challenges of supervision for remote and hybrid working.
- Key issues when supervising junior and trainee lawyers in hybrid working environments.
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via our contact us form.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 70%.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, excluding assessment.