Personal development , Careers | LIVE webinar
Step by Step Guide to Returning to the Profession
Are you considering resurrecting your legal career but not sure where or how to start? Do you spend hours browsing job boards without having a clear idea of precisely what you are looking for? Or maybe you have come up with a career wish list of as long as your arm? If your motivation levels have dipped or you feel like you are constantly swimming against the tide, please fear not! You’re not alone. Many job hunters approach their search with very little advance planning and often set unrealistic expectations about what is achievable. The end result is that they procrastinate and eventually concede defeat.
The webinar will run on 17 March 2021 and will consist of two parts:
- 14:00 – 15:00: Core session
- 15:00 – 15:30: Q&A
Who this is for
City Lawyers, Freelance solicitors, In-house lawyers, Paralegals, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A2, C3
Throughout this course, attendees will:
- Discover the key things to consider when planning a return to the legal profession after a career break
- Receive advice to allow them to enhance their chances of a successful return
What this will cover
This webinar is designed to support individuals seeking to return to the profession following a career break. The webinar will explore considerations and options for returning to the profession. You will hear from former City lawyer-turned-career coach Husnara Begum who will provide a step-by-step guide to returning to the legal profession.
This webinar will cover the following steps to successfully recharge your legal career:
- Avoid jumping to conclusions
- How to conduct a career MOT and find purpose
- Your skills inventory and how to manage a deficit
- How to manage career block
- Tips for generating ideas
- Reality checking & weighing up options
- Setting goals and how to devise a job search strategy