In house , Ethics | Online course
SRA Principles and SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors, RELs and RFLs for In-House Practice
The SRA’s Standards and Regulations set out the high standards expected of solicitors. Understanding the professional behaviours required of you will help you meet these standards, and ensure you avoid the risks of professional misconduct and disciplinary action.
In short, easy-to-understand modules, you’ll cover everything you need to understand and apply your regulatory and ethical duties to your individual situation, and demonstrate compliance in practice.
Who this is for
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify regulatory expectations.
- Understand ethical duties.
- Apply regulatory and ethical standards to your individual situation.
- Demonstrate compliance in practice.
- Address the most important competencies requiring professional judgement in the Statement of Solicitor Competence.
What this will cover
This course consists of six modules.
1. Professional Duties and the SRA Principles
2. Basic Ethical Behaviours for In-House Practitioners
3. Providing a Proper Client Service and Other Client Duties for In-House Practitioners
4. Conflicts and Confidentiality
5. Referrals, Introductions, Separate Businesses and Other Business Requirements
6. Co-operation, Accountability and Enforcement
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via our contact us form.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 1.5 hours to complete, excluding assessment.