Compliance , Legal Practice | LIVE webinar
Risk and Compliance Advanced (Legal Practice) Accreditation Training (14 September 2022)
This intensive one-day course has been developed to support you in preparing for the examination for the Risk and Compliance Advanced Accreditation scheme in Legal Practice. It will focus on Record keeping and managing breaches, People management and Communicating with clients.
The Risk and Compliance Advanced Accreditation in Legal Practice is a quality standard for legal professionals managing risk and compliance in a legal practice or department. By holding the accreditation, you’ll demonstrate that you have risk and compliance technical skills. You’ll also be able to convey to stakeholders and prospective clients that you’ve:
- demonstrated your knowledge and skill; and
- attained an objective quality mark at a particular level of competence in these areas.
The Advanced (Legal Practice) Accreditation examination is targeted at those who have expertise in legal practice management. The examination preparation training is designed for practitioners with different levels of experience of risk and compliance practice. It aims to support you in your responsibilities for:
- managing and discharging regulatory responsibilities
- driving appropriate culture and modelling ethical behaviours in the business
- strategic decision making, management and leadership
- conducting regular reviews and strategic analyses to identify improvements
- proactive monitoring of risks
- driving development and training and championing continuous improvement
- driving progress in risk management.
The course will be delivered in a virtual classroom format by Laurence Howland, Director, Risk and Compliance of Buckles Solicitors LLP, who has overall responsibility for the firm’s anti-money laundering and regulatory compliance. It will run on 14 September 2022, from 9:30am to 5pm.
Who this is for
Freelance solicitors, Practice managers, Small firms lawyers, Solicitors.
Required prior knowledge
The Advanced level (Legal Practice) training is designed for those with experience of risk and compliance management and will cover a wide range of key risk areas in legal practice and how these are mitigated and managed.
You’ll be expected to have an awareness and understanding of key risk and compliance requirements and a knowledge of policy and procedure arising from risk and compliance law. The course content and materials are designed to reinforce your knowledge and understanding to enable you to seek accreditation following the successful completion of the Risk and Compliance Advanced (Legal Practice) Accreditation examination.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- operate accurate and comprehensive record keeping in relation to compliance matters
- create and contribute to an open culture that encourages and supports personnel
- provide personnel with clear expectations of positive behaviours
- manage client expectations using clear regular and clear communications
- develop transparent and objective procedures for clients to give feedback and to manage client complaints.
What this will cover
The course is designed to ensure you gain an understanding and competence of risk and compliance legal practice law. It applies a holistic, ethics-based and strategic approach to legal practice risk management covering key syllabus areas aimed to enhance your opportunity for learning and your understanding of key concepts in preparation for the examination.
The day will focus on:
- Record keeping and managing breaches
- People management
- Communicating with clients.
You can explore the specific coverage of syllabus topics within the full programme here.
How you will learn
The course will be delivered through interactive teaching and learning in a virtual classroom-type format. You’ll be taking part in individual exercises, case studies and practice-based quizzes to enable you to embed your learning in preparation for the Risk and Compliance Advanced (Legal Practice) Accreditation examination.
You’ll will be provided with a reading list, a copy of the PowerPoint slide deck presented by the trainer, and an online manual featuring the most up-to-date legislation applicable to the management of risk and compliance in legal practice. Additional resources will be signposted throughout the course to enable you to maximise your self-guided learning.