Compliance , Legal Practice | Accreditation
Risk and Compliance Accreditation (Foundation) Exam Preparation Package
This exam preparation package has been developed to support you in preparing for the examination for the Risk and Compliance (Foundation) Accreditation scheme. The package comprises a bank of 100 multiple choice questions to test your knowledge against the full breadth of the foundation level syllabus and provides recommended self-study resources to support your learning.
The Risk and Compliance Foundation Accreditation is a quality standard for legal professionals managing risk and compliance in a legal practice or department. By holding the accreditation, you will demonstrate that you have risk and compliance technical skills. You will also be able to convey to stakeholders and prospective clients that you have:
- demonstrated your knowledge and skill; and
- attained an objective quality mark at a particular level of competence in these areas.
Who this is for
Practice managers, Solicitors.
Required prior knowledge
The Risk and Compliance Accreditation (Foundation) addresses the basic risk and compliance skills and knowledge required within a business/practice role in a legal practice. It will be of interest to:
- practice managers
- compliance officers
- risk managers
- heads of departments/team leaders
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify appropriate resources to support your learning.
- Apply your knowledge on the full breadth of the foundation level syllabus.
What this will cover
The recommended resources and practice exams will cover key topics from the syllabus, including:
- Introduction to risk management & key roles and responsibilities
- Conflicts and client
- Data protection
- Client identification and file risk assessments
- Client service
- Operational file risk management
- Fraud management
- Cybercrime and business continuity planning
- Supervision and file reviews
- Solicitors accounts rules and financial crime
- Archiving and record keeping
- Professional competence
How you will learn
This is a self-paced and self-guided exam preparation package. Upon purchase, you will gain access to practice exams which draw from a bank comprising 100 questions, enabling you to test your knowledge against the breadth of topics from the Risk and Compliance Accreditation (Foundation) syllabus.
You will have unlimited attempts at 30-question, multiple choice practice exams. Each attempt will be limited to 90 minutes, with a pass mark of 60% to simulate a real-life exam scenario.
For ease of reference, recommended resources addressing key areas of the syllabus are also provided with the package.