Personal development , Careers | LIVE webinar
Recharge: Networking Tips for Job Hunters (08/06/2022)
This free webinar with Q&A is aimed at individuals who want to learn how to network with confidence and tap into the hidden jobs market. The session is suitable for solicitors across all levels of PQE, and will be particularly useful for those planning a return to the profession after a career break.
Please note this session has now been scheduled for 08 June 2022 between 13:00-14:30.
This live webinar and Q&A will be hosted by Husnara Begum, a former City lawyer turned career coach and business skills trainer.
Who this is for
SRA competence: +2 more for SRA competence: A2, C1, C3
Throughout this webinar and Q&A, attendees will:
- Discover the importance of social and in-person networking in the context of job hunting
- Learn how to cultivate meaningful relationships with contacts who really matter
- Receive advice on rapport building and ‘conversational competence’
- Master how to work the room at networking events, including how to join and leave groups with ease
What this will cover
This webinar and Q&A will cover the following steps to help participants use networking as an effective tool to successfully recharge your legal career:
- Networking myths debunked
- How to confidently introduce yourself to others
- How to remove the ‘awkward’ when meeting strangers
- The importance of the follow-up email and how to get a relationship off the ground after making initial contact at an event
- How to use LinkedIn to grow your network
- Who should be in your network?
- When and how to ask contacts for favours?
How you will learn
This live session will entail a 60-minute presentation, followed by a Q&A session.