Private client , | LIVE webinar
Private Client Law Refresher Course – Other Recent Relevant Developments
This live virtual classroom is scheduled on 2 December 2021, between 10:30-12:30.
Delivered by renowned expert in the field Professor Lesley King, this interactive live event provides an update and refresher training in important recent developments in private client law and practice:
- Court of Protection
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
This course is suitable if you are considering returning to this area of law following a career break or currently work within private client law and wish to update your knowledge in certain areas.
This virtual classroom is one in a series of seven for individuals across all levels of PQE who are seeking to update their knowledge of private client law. The other sessions can be booked through this link. On-demand versions will be available after each event for those who cannot attend on the day or who wish to purchase after the event has taken place.
Who this is for
Required prior knowledge
Prior experience and knowledge of private client law and practice.
SRA competence: +2 more for SRA competence: A2, A4, A5
After this session you will be aware of recent developments affecting private client practitioners and able to adapt your office practice and procedures where necessary.
What this will cover
CHANGES TO INTESTACY RULES
- Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Act
- Current statutory legacy
COURT OF PROTECTION
- Lasting powers of attorney: best interests and requests to make funds available to others
- Applications for lifetime gifts on behalf of P and statutory wills
INHERITANCE (PROVISION FOR FAMILY AND DEPENDANTS) ACT 1975
- Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Act 2014
- Recent cases
- Implications for testators and advisers
- Demise of Hastings-Bass
- Rectification and rescission for mistake
DOTAS & IHT
- The Regulations
- Do you have to worry about them?
THE TRUST REGISTER
- What is it?
- Differences between 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directives
- When you need to register trusts
- When you need to register estates
How you will learn
This training consists of the following elements:
- A live interactive online classroom presentation (with on-demand version available)
- Detailed session notes (pdf)
- Certificate of completion