Personal development , Careers | Online course
Preparing 2nd-Year Trainees for Qualification – On-demand Videos
The three videos in this series provide an opportunity for trainee solicitors mulling their post training options to gain insight into all aspects of the qualification process.
Hear from Husnara Begum, a former City lawyer turned career coach / business skills trainer and owner of CheekyLittleCareers.com who specialises in offering guidance to final seat trainees who miss out on internal NQ jobs. Husnara will share her tips on navigating the qualification process.
These videos were recorded in June 2022.
Who this is for
Junior lawyers, Students / Trainees.
Required prior knowledge
The videos are addressed to second-year trainee solicitors planning their next steps as their traineeship nears an end. It would also be suitable for newly qualified solicitors seeking employment.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: D1, D2
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know how to successfully navigate either the internal qualification process or the external jobs market.
- Discover the options available to you if you do not secure an internal newly qualified position.
- Gain tips for navigating the internal qualification process and key factors to consider when choosing a specialism.
- Learn how to get the best from legal recruitment agencies.
- Discover how to network your way into a ‘hidden job’.
What this will cover
This series of three videos will cover the following tips.
Video 1 – Options as your training nears an end:
- Options available as your traineeship nears an end.
- Tips for navigating the internal qualification process and key factors to consider when choosing a specialism.
- Next steps for trainees who are not offered internal NQ roles or want to explore the external jobs market.
Video 2 – Understanding the NQ jobs market:
- Pros and cons of moving on after completing your traineeship.
- Overview of the NQ jobs market.
- CV tips.
Video 3 – Interview tips:
- Preparing for interview.
- Competency questions.