Compliance , Ethics, Regulation | Online course
Conflict of Interest
The SRA sets out certain regulatory requirements for you and your firm in relation to conflicts of interest. This module looks at the two different types of conflict of interest, and how to comply with the relevant regulatory requirements in practice.
Who this is for
In-house lawyers, Practice managers, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +5 more for SRA competence: A1, A2, A5, B6, C1, C2
After completing this module, you will understand more about:
- Understanding the SRA’s regulatory expectations of you and your law firm
- Being able to identify an own interest conflict and a client conflict of interest in practice
- Recognising what you should do if you identify a conflict of interest
- Knowing when it is acceptable to continue acting for a client when a conflict has been identified
- Understanding the regulatory consequences of making the wrong decision about a conflict of interest