In house , Business management, Regulation | Online course
Introduction to Legal Risk Management for In-House Lawyers
This module will help in-house lawyers to understand what risk is, and the different types of risk in an organisation. It also looks at how to conduct an audit to identify legal risks, and how to map and assess them. Finally, it investigates strategies for mitigating risk, key skills for effective risk management, and the SRA competences associated with identifying, assessing, controlling and reporting on legal risk.
Who this is for
SRA competence: +4 more for SRA competence: A5, B5, B6, C1, C2
In this module we will be looking at the following areas.
- Defining risk and legal risk
- Ownership of risk in an organisation
- Conducting an audit to identify legal risks
- Assessing and mapping legal risk
- Mitigating legal risk
- The key skills and competences needed for effective risk management