Company and commercial, Personal development , Business development and marketing, Careers | LIVE webinar
Introduction to Legal Commercial Awareness for 1st-Year Students
This interactive webinar will provide 1st-year and Foundation students with an introduction to commercial awareness. Attendees will be actively engaged in case studies and group exercises.
The webinar is scheduled on 6 October 2021, between 14:00-15:30 and will be delivered by Denis Viskovich, a dual qualified Australian and English lawyer with over twenty years of experience working for investment banks and companies in the City.
Who this is for
Students / Trainees.
Required prior knowledge
This is an introductory programme addressed to Law students on their foundation or first year . Please do not sign up unless this criterion applies to you.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A2, A5
Through this webinar series, participants will:
- Learn the importance of Legal Commercial Awareness and What is Legal Commercial Awareness
- How to learn Legal Commercial Awareness
- Understand the legal commercial awareness that City law firms expect law students to have
- Learn the four phases of the economic cycle
- Understand the definition of Recession and its impact on businesses
- Finance overview including risk v reward, FTSE100 and understanding what are fixed and variable costs for a business
What this will cover
The introduction to legal commercial awareness webinar will give you an insight into working as a lawyer in the dynamic, fast paced international banking/ corporate environment and the importance of legal commercial awareness together with management of legal risk in the commercial world more generally.
The webinar will consist of two parts:
- 14:00-15:00 Session and case studies
- 15:00-15:30 Q&A
How you will learn
Webinar delivery will be through interactive teaching and group exercises. The webinar is interactive, you will be answering questions and participating in a case study.