Personal development , Careers | LIVE webinar
Introduction to Legal Commercial Awareness for 2nd and 3rd-Year Students
This interactive webinar will provide 2nd and 3rd-year students with an introduction to commercial awareness.
The webinars is scheduled on 27 April 2021, between 14:00-15:30.
Who this is for
Students / Trainees.
Required prior knowledge
This is an introductory programme addressed to Law students on their second or third year . Please do not sign up unless this criterion applies to you.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A2, A5
Through this webinar series, participants will:
- Learn the importance of Legal Commercial Awareness and What is Legal Commercial Awareness
- How to learn Legal Commercial Awareness
- Understand the legal commercial awareness that City law firms expect law students to have
- Learn the four phases of the economic cycle
- Understand the definition of Recession and its impact on businesses
- Finance overview including risk v reward, FTSE100 and understanding what are fixed and variable costs for a business
What this will cover
The introduction to legal commercial awareness webinar will give you an insight into working as a lawyer in the dynamic, fast paced international banking/ corporate environment and the importance of legal commercial awareness together with management of legal risk in the commercial world more generally.
The webinar will consist of two parts:
- 14:00-15:00 Session and case studies
- 15:00-15:30 Q&A
How you will learn
Webinar delivery will be through interactive teaching, case studies and group exercises. The webinar is interactive, you will be participating in group exercises and answering questions.