Company and commercial, Personal development , Careers | LIVE webinar
Introduction to Legal Commercial Awareness for 1st-Year Students (Autumn)
This interactive webinar will provide 1st-year and Foundation students with an introduction to commercial awareness. Attendees will be actively engaged in case studies and group exercises.
The webinar is scheduled on 6 October 2021, between 14:00-15:30 and will be delivered by Denis Viskovich, a dual qualified Australian and English lawyer with over twenty years of experience working for investment banks and companies in the City.
Who this is for
Students / Trainees.
Required prior knowledge
This is an introductory programme addressed to Law students on their foundation or first years. Please do not sign up unless this criterion applies to you.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A5
Through this webinar series, participants will:
- Learn the importance of Legal Commercial Awareness and What is Legal Commercial Awareness
- How to learn Legal Commercial Awareness
- Understand the legal commercial awareness that City law firms expect law students to have
- Learn the four phases of the economic cycle
- Understand the definition of Recession and its impact on businesses
- Finance overview including risk v reward, FTSE100 and understanding what are fixed and variable costs for a business
What this will cover
The introduction to legal commercial awareness webinar will give you an insight into working as a lawyer in the dynamic, fast paced international banking/ corporate environment and the importance of legal commercial awareness together with management of legal risk in the commercial world more generally.
The webinar will consist of two parts:
- 14:00-15:00 Session and case studies
- 15:00-15:30 Q&A
How you will learn
Webinar delivery will be through interactive teaching and group exercises. The webinar is interactive, you will be answering questions and participating in a case study.