Company and commercial , Business development and marketing | LIVE webinar
ESG: Introductory Overview for Lawyers (14/06/2022)
This introduction to Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) masterclass will provide an insight to the opportunities that ESG presents to create new areas of business, boost reputation, and enhance transparency around sustainability. An increasing number of laws require organisations to be transparent and account for the impact of their business on society and the environment.
Hear from specialist sustainability, business and human rights consultancy Ardea International on the increasing importance of ESG factors to lawyers and how it impacts the legal sector both now and in the future.
This interactive masterclass is scheduled on Tuesday 14 June 2022 between 9:30-12:45, offering legal professionals an opportunity to examine ESG factors and their interaction with the law and share insights into how to implement ESG considerations into your firms and operations.
Who this is for
Practice managers, Small firms lawyers, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +6 more for SRA competence: A1, A3, C1, C2, D1, D2, D3
After attending the session, participants will:
- gain an understanding of the latest legal compliance requirements regarding ESG
- provide examples of ESG trends and best practices
- understand how to communicate ESG commitments to prospective clients, recruits and the public. Including reporting frameworks and other ESG industry initiatives
- discuss key challenges in implementing ESG considerations in operations
- analyse risks and opportunities for organisations and law firms alike (compliance, reputational etc.)
What this will cover
This interactive masterclass will cover the following content:
- key issues that fall under each of the environmental, social and governance factor how ESG impacts on the legal sector, both now and in the future
- how legal professionals can use their leverage to improve ESG credentials of their own organisation, as well as clients
- the increasing importance of ESG factors to lawyers
- challenges faced when considering ESG factors in practice and how to overcome those challenges
How you will learn
This masterclass will include a number of interactive activities and group discussions.
Participants will be provided with course materials which will include references to legislation and case studies.