Conveyancing, Property, Property fraud and anti-money laundering, Residential property , Client care, Cybersecurity, Fraud | Online course
CQS Core Training: Financial Crime
Financial crime costs the UK millions every year. Do you know the warning signs?
By completing this course you will have a solid understanding of financial crime in residential conveyancing, including the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and your obligations. You will also be able to identify the warning signs and know what steps to take.
In easy-to-understand 30-minute modules, you’ll cover everything you need to support your CQS accreditation.
Who this is for
Paralegals, Practice managers, Solicitors.
By taking this course, conveyancers will:
- improve their knowledge and understanding of money laundering regulations and their obligations under them
- be able to identify warning signs and ‘red flags’ indicating a higher risk of money laundering
- recognise known methodologies adopted by criminals seeking to launder money or commit fraud through property transactions
- understand what steps need to be taken or what action is appropriate.
What this will cover
This course consists of four modules.
- 1. Money Laundering, Due Diligence and Record Keeping (by Amy Bell)
- 2. Detecting and Reporting Criminal Acts in Relation to Property Transactions (by Amy Bell)
- 3. Common Methods Used to Commit Property Fraud (by Tim Prior)
- 4. Protecting Your Practice and Clients from Cybercrime (by Tim Prior)
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
The assessment consists of 20 multiple choice questions. In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.
The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete, excluding assessment.