Conveyancing, Property, Residential property , Client care | Accreditation
CQS 2021 Update: Risk, Compliance and Client Care
Are you aware of the risks related to remote working and how to mitigate them? Are you protecting yourself from the variety of fraud threats that conveyancers face? Are you confident in dealing with both lender and lay clients?
By completing this course you’ll be up to date with best practice in assessing and managing residential conveyancing risk, and effective client handling.
In easy-to-understand 30-minute modules, you’ll cover everything you need to support your CQS re-accreditation.
Who this is for
Paralegals, Practice managers, Solicitors.
SRA competence: +1 more for SRA competence: A1, A2
By taking this course, conveyancers should have a greater understanding of:
- mitigating and managing risk on conveyancing files
- managing client expectations
- delivering an appropriate level of service to a client
- engaging effectively with a lender client
- identifying property and mortgage fraud warning signs
- mitigating the risk of fraud
- mitigating risks related to remote working
- the importance of creating an audit trail for source of funds
What this will cover
This course consists of five modules.
- 1. Understanding and Mitigating Risk (by Tom Horrocks and David Keighley)
- 2. Client Care (by Tracey Calvert)
- 3. Lender Client Care (by Tracey Calvert)
- 4. Fraud (by Tracey Calvert)
- 5. Hot Topics (by Fiona du Feu)
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements:
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via our contact us form.
The assessment consists of 20 multiple choice questions. In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 2.5 hours to complete, excluding assessment.