Conveyancing, Property, Residential property , Client care | Online course
CQS 2020 Update: Conveyancing Practice
Can you be caught out by SDLT? How confident are you in advising on flood risk and cladding?
By completing this course you’ll have a solid understanding of the basic principles of SDLT and LTT and available reliefs, leasehold property, notices and restrictions, and how to reduce the incidence of requisitions, along with cladding and flood risk, and changes to the TA6.
In easy-to-understand 30-minute modules, you’ll cover everything you need to support your CQS re-accreditation.
Who this is for
Paralegals, Practice managers, Solicitors.
By taking this course, conveyancers should have a greater understanding of:
- providing advice to clients on SDLT
- audit trailing SDLT calculations
- providing advice to clients on terms of lease
- managing requisitions
- providing advice on flood risk and cladding
- changes to the TA6
What this will cover
This course consists of four modules.
- 1. Stamp Duty Land Tax and Land Transaction Tax (by Stephen Griffiths)
- 2. Leasehold Property (by David Keighley)
- 3. Land Registry Notices, Restrictions and Requisitions (by Lorraine Richardson)
- 4. Hot Topics (by Anna Newport)
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
Accessibility versions are available upon request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 80%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.
The course will take approximately 2 hours to complete, excluding assessment.