Compliance, Private client , | Online course
AML for Private Client Lawyers
Understanding anti-money laundering is critical. Law firms are frequently targeted by money launderers through the exploitation of legitimate services. It is a criminal offence to be involved in this process.
This course is an important and practical tool to help you identify risks, avoid being exploited as a facilitator of money laundering and avoid committing a money laundering offence or another connected offence.
It is tailored to the needs of private client practitioners, and you’ll cover everything you need to fulfil your anti-money laundering obligations: from understanding the money laundering offences and identifying red flags, to conducting a risk assessment and client due diligence.
Written by Amy Bell, a renowned expert in the field and former Chair of the Law Society’s Money Laundering Task Force, it is underpinned by the Legal Sector Affinity Group Anti-Money Laundering Guidance for the Legal Sector. It is based on examples of good practice from the guidance and is relevant for all private client lawyers.
For bulk purchase discounts on training please contact us.
Who this is for
SRA competence: +3 more for SRA competence: A1, A2, A5, B7
After completing this course you will:
- Understand how money laundering affects the legal profession.
- Understand the principal money laundering offences and the connected offences.
- Understand the level of suspicion required to commit a money laundering offence.
- Be aware of the common red flags for suspicious activity.
- Be aware of the requirements for client due diligence.
- Be able to identify risk factors when considering instructions.
What this will cover
This course consists of two modules.
1. The Money Laundering Offences and Warning Signs of Suspicious Activity
2. Risk Assessment and Client Due Diligence
How you will learn
This interactive online training consists of the following elements.
- An interactive course presentation, with a variety of quizzes and practice scenarios to test understanding of the material.
- Online assessment.
Our modules conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. However, some members may require an alternative version for accessibility purposes. This is available upon request via our contact us form.
In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 70%.
The quizzes and scenarios included in the course presentation are intended to aid your understanding of the content and offer the opportunity to apply your knowledge. They do not form part of the assessment.
The course will take approximately 1 hour 30 minutes to complete, including assessment.