Risk and Compliance Foundation and Advanced (Legal Practice) Accreditation Training (15 September 2022)
This session will run on 15 September 2022, from 9:30am to 1pm.
- demonstrated your knowledge and skill; and
- attained an objective quality mark at a particular level of competence in these areas.
- managing and discharging regulatory responsibilities
- driving appropriate culture and modelling ethical behaviours in the business
- conducting regular reviews and strategic analyses to identify improvements
- proactive monitoring of risks
- driving progress in risk management.
The half-day course will be delivered in a virtual classroom format by Cary Whitmarsh, Senior Compliance Manager at Shoosmiths. It will run on 15 September 2022, from 9:30am to 1pm.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- distinguish between client money and office money
- explain and apply good banking protocols in practice
- identify relevant regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with Accounts Rules
- demonstrate enhanced knowledge of financial and accounting reports
- communicate and train relevant colleagues on Accounts Rules.
What this will cover
The course is designed to enable you to gain an understanding and competence of risk and compliance legal practice law. It applies a holistic, ethics-based and strategic approach to legal practice risk management covering key syllabus areas. This is aimed to enhance your opportunity for learning and your understanding of key concepts in preparation for the examination.
The morning will focus on:
- Solicitors Accounts Rules and financial crime; and
- Solicitors Accounts Rules and interest on client accounts.
You can explore the specific coverage of syllabus topics within the full programme here.