Recharge: Working Flexibly as a Consultant
This webinar was delivered on 26 April 2022.
Click start to view the recording.
This on-demand session is aimed at solicitors across all levels of PQE considering consultancy work as an option. The panel discussion will discuss practical points to consider before working as a consultant.This live webinar and Q&A will be hosted by Husnara Begum, a former City lawyer turned career coach and business skills trainer.Husnara will be joined by the following representatives from firms/organisations, who will explain how their consultancy model works and share their practical tips:
- Gun Judge, Addleshaw Goddard
- Sarah Thompson, Simmons & Simmons
- Mary Bonsor, Flex Legal Limited
Throughout this webinar and Q&A, attendees will:
- Gain an understanding of the different options to this flexible way of working
- Explore the pros and cons / risk v reward
- Receive practical points to consider before working as a consultant.
What this will cover
This webinar and Q&A will cover the following:
- How does consultant lawyering work and how it differs to other modes of working flexibly including freelance lawyering
- Are you best suited to working as a consultant lawyer?
- Selection process for becoming a consultant
- Financial and regulatory considerations, including GDPR