Private Client Law Update and Refresher Course – Other Recent Developments
This session was delivered on 2 December 2021.
After this session you will be aware of recent developments affecting private client practitioners and able to adapt your office practice and procedures where necessary.
What this will cover
CHANGES TO INTESTACY RULES
- Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Act
- Current statutory legacy
COURT OF PROTECTION
- Lasting powers of attorney: best interests and requests to make funds available to others
- Applications for lifetime gifts on behalf of P and statutory wills
INHERITANCE (PROVISION FOR FAMILY AND DEPENDANTS) ACT 1975
- Inheritance and Trustees’ Powers Act 2014
- Recent cases
- Implications for testators and advisers
- Demise of Hastings-Bass
- Rectification and rescission for mistake
DOTAS & IHT
- The Regulations
- Do you have to worry about them?
THE TRUST REGISTER
- What is it?
- Differences between 4th and 5th Anti-Money Laundering Directives
- When you need to register trusts
- When you need to register estates
NEW EXCEPTED ESTATES REGULATIONS