Preparing 2nd-Year Trainees for Qualification – On-demand Videos
This video series provides useful tips for trainee solicitors to find NQ opportunities.
Select the "start" button to access the module.
Hear from Husnara Begum, a former City lawyer turned career coach / business skills trainer and owner of CheekyLittleCareers.com who specialises in offering guidance to final seat trainees who miss out on internal NQ jobs. Husnara will share her tips on navigating the qualification process. These videos were recorded in June 2022.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Know how to successfully navigate either the internal qualification process or the external jobs market.
- Discover the options available to you if you do not secure an internal newly qualified position.
- Gain tips for navigating the internal qualification process and key factors to consider when choosing a specialism.
- Learn how to get the best from legal recruitment agencies.
- Discover how to network your way into a ‘hidden job’.
What this will cover
This series of three videos will cover the following tips.
Video 1 – Options as your training nears an end:
- Options available as your traineeship nears an end.
- Tips for navigating the internal qualification process and key factors to consider when choosing a specialism.
- Next steps for trainees who are not offered internal NQ roles or want to explore the external jobs market.
Video 2 – Understanding the NQ jobs market:
- Pros and cons of moving on after completing your traineeship.
- Overview of the NQ jobs market.
- CV tips.
Video 3 – Interview tips:
- Preparing for interview.
- Competency questions.