Practical Advice for Aspiring Solicitor Judges
This webinar was run on 23 June 2021.
Click the "start" button to access the recording.
This on-demand webinar provides practical advice from sitting solicitor judges about approaching the judicial appointment process, demonstrating your competencies and required preparation ahead of applying for a judicial role. The session was originally run on 23 June 2021.
Throughout this 90-minute webinar, you will:
- gain insight about why become a deputy district judge/recorder and why become a salaried judge (full time), including what solicitors bring to the bench.
- obtain knowledge about the judicial selection process, the required competencies for judicial roles, required preparations, and practical advice.
- hear from three solicitor judges in various judicial roles who are familiar with the appointments process and would like to assist aspiring solicitor judges.
- have the opportunity to raise questions during the session, or email them in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What this will cover
- Required preparation ahead of applying for a judicial role
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Different paths into the judiciary
- How to demonstrate your skills and competencies in line with the JAC requirements;
- Transferable skills