Practical Advice for Aspiring Solicitor Judges
This webinar was run on 23 June 2021.
Click the "start" button to access the recording.
The webinar will run on 23 June 2021 between 17:00-18:30, providing practical advice from sitting solicitor judges about approaching the judicial appointment process, demonstrating your competencies and required preparation ahead of applying for a judicial role.
Throughout this 90-minute webinar, you will:
- gain insight about why become a deputy district judge/recorder and why become a salaried judge (full time), including what solicitors bring to the bench.
- obtain knowledge about the judicial selection process, the required competencies for judicial roles, required preparations, and practical advice.
- hear from three solicitor judges in various judicial roles who are familiar with the appointments process and would like to assist aspiring solicitor judges.
- have the opportunity to raise questions during the session, or email them in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What this will cover
- Required preparation ahead of applying for a judicial role
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Different paths into the judiciary
- How to demonstrate your skills and competencies in line with the JAC requirements;
- Transferable skills