Code of Conduct Module 2: Basic Ethical Behaviours for In-House Practitioners
Interactive module on Basic Ethical Behaviours, including case studies and knowledge checks to measure your understanding.
Put your Basic Ethical Behaviours knowledge to use and gain certification by answering 10 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 70%. Good luck!
This module is for solicitors working in businesses which are not authorised by the SRA, i.e. in-house practice. In this module, training and guidance is given on the sections of the SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors, RELs and RFLs that are relevant to basic ethical behaviours – sections 1 and 2.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify regulatory expectations
- Understand how to maintain trust and act fairly, in compliance with the Code for Solicitors standards
- Understand the conduct expected of you in dispute resolutions and proceedings before courts, tribunals and inquiries, in compliance with the Code for Solicitors standards
- Apply regulatory and ethical standards to your individual situation
- Demonstrate compliance in practice