Confidentiality and Disclosure
Interactive module on Confidentiality and Disclosure, including case studies and knowledge checks to measure your understanding.
Put your Confidentiality and Disclosure knowledge to use and gain certification by answering 10 multiple choice questions. The pass mark is 70%. Good luck!
There are certain legal and regulatory requirements setting out your duties in relation to confidentiality and disclosure. This module looks at the two duties, how to comply with the relevant requirements in practice and what to do when your duties of confidentiality and disclosure come into conflict.
After completing this module you will:
- Understand the SRA’s regulatory expectations of you and your law firm
- Be able to identify your professional duties in respect of confidential information
- Be able to recognise when your duties to keep matters confidential can be overridden
- Understand your duty of disclosure and the conflict that can arise between this and the duty of confidentiality
- Understand the regulatory consequences of making the wrong decision about confidentiality and disclosure duties