Hear from Those Who Have Successfully Changed Career
This webinar was delivered on 19 October 2021.
Click start to access the recording.
This on-demand webinar, originally delivered on 19 October 2021, explored changing career direction. During this virtual panel discussion you will hear from former solicitors from a range of law firms and practice areas who have all changed career direction. They will share their stories to inspire and motivate you to explore doing the same.Our chair Husnara Begum, a former City lawyer-turned legal journalist-turned careers consultant will be joined by:
- Laura Brunnen - a former private equity partner at Reed Smith and founder of the Legal Strategist, a B2B legal consulting and education business
- Josie Good - a former US law firm associate now working as a practice consultant at legal tech business Kira Systems
- Vicki Milner - a former corporate associate at DAC Beachcroft now working as a legal applications analyst at Osborne Clarke
- Matt Verrell - a former Allen & Overy finance associate-turned end of life/palliative care specialist-turned executive coach specialising in well-being
Throughout this 90-minute panel discussion, you will hear about:
- key factors to consider when navigating a change in career direction
- common blocks to changing career direction
- how to generate ideas for potentially new routes to follow
- common mistakes and how to avoid them