AML for Conveyancers
This course is an important and practical tool to help you protect yourself and your firm. It is tailored to the needs of conveyancers, and you’ll cover everything you need to fulfil your anti-money laundering obligations: from understanding the money laundering offences and identifying red flags, to conducting a risk assessment and client due diligence.
Written by a renowned expert in the field and former Chair of the Law Society’s Money Laundering Task Force, it is underpinned by the Legal Sector Affinity Group Anti-Money Laundering Guidance for the Legal Sector. It is based on examples of good practice from the guidance and is relevant for all conveyancers.
After completing this course you will:
- Understand how money laundering affects the legal profession.
- Understand the principal money laundering offences and the connected offences.
- Understand the level of suspicion required to commit a money laundering offence.
- Be aware of the common red flags for suspicious activity.
- Be aware of the requirements for client due diligence.
- Be able to identify risk factors when considering transactions.
What this will cover
This course consists of three modules.
1. The Money Laundering Offences
2. Warning Signs of Suspicious Activity
3. Risk Assessment and Client Due Diligence
Module 1: The Money Laundering Offences (30 min)
Module 2: Warning Signs of Suspicious Activity (20 min)
Module 3: Risk Assessment and Client Due Diligence (40 min)
Assessment (complete e-learning to unlock)
The assessment consists of 20 questions. In order to pass the assessment you must achieve a mark of 70%. The assessment can only be taken a maximum of three times before the course must be taken again.